Post by surflung on Jan 25, 2016 12:53:40 GMT -8
Sea Hunt Forever Event is Coming Soon!
- On March 19th and 20th at Silver Springs Florida, there will be underwater re-enactment of Scenes from Sea Hunt episodes for the viewing pleasure of 5,000-10,000 guests in glass bottom boats. The divers are all familiar characters and avatars from the Vintage diving community. SwimJim Bach, Sea Hunt Jerry Lang, Antique Diver Bill Tucker, Terry Stevens, Karl Gehring, Luis Heros, Rob Studnicka, Bryan Pennington and many more you would recognize from the forums of VDH, VSS, and Scuba Board. As you might expect, the chance to dive in this event is a treasured privilege. First of all because no divers are allowed at Silver Springs anymore. And second because most of the underwater scenes from Sea Hunt were filmed in the crystal clear waters of Silver Springs. (Tarzan and Creature from the Black Lagoon filmed there too).
- While the diving cast is already set and was done so by invitation, everyone who is into vintage diving is welcome to come and see the show as well as stop in and say hello to the divers.
- You can read more about it at seahunt2016.com/
- You can follow it on Facebook, too. www.facebook.com/Sea-Hunt-Forever-662357900565800/?pnref=story
- Below: Check out the Sea Hunt re-enactment knife fight from the 50th Anniversary Show a few years ago...
- I was very fortunate to be considered for an alternate cast member and received my invitation just last week when someone else had to bow out. What a thrill! I still can't believe it.
- I was sent a very strict equipment list... This is actually an historical re-enactment and the equipment must be accurate to what was used on the Sea Hunt TV Show. I'm close to having what I need but I'll be needing a few more items to be accurate.