Post by sheriffdiver on Aug 21, 2016 15:46:23 GMT -8
That had to be one of the coolest dives I've ever been on DiverDon!! I just started going through my videos and photos. Here's one of my striped wetsuit with the US Divers UDS-1 on my back. Yes, it is being dove in about 70 feet of water. Very cool.
Here's my question: WHERE ON EARTH DID YOU GET THAT WETSUIT?!?!?! Did you make that yourself? I've been searching for a wetsuit like that for over a year!
Yes I made it. Bought the smooth wetsuit from JMJ Wetsuits and then put the yellow stripes on it. It took a LONG time putting all those stripes on. I just found the patch and just added before this weekend's dive. I have extra material to make another. This one is only 3 mm so it was a cold dive at 70 feet this weekend.
Snap Shots from our Dive Weekend... - In spite of the rainy weather and last minute no-shows, we had a heck of a good time diving Fortune Pond last weekend. SwimJim, DiverDon, SheriffDiver, myself(SurfLung), and my wife Jill were all there. Jill took these snapshots.
- DiverDon had some shorty Twin Tanks (even shorter than my yellow 38s)
- DiverDon and SheriffDiver with their Dacor Nautilus and Aqualung UDS-1 Systems
- The 2016 Kraken Owner's Group: SwimJim and I sporting two of the first "Red Hose" editions and I think SheriffDiver ordered the last one of the Red Hose models. Note that Jim and I have our new DSV mouthpieces installed. Ron had color coordinated twin tanks and horsecollar BC.
- SheriffDivers Sportsways Twin 72s look good with the Kraken. On the right is my Kraken with DSV.
- SheriffDiver with 1974-75 era UDS-1 diving system by Aqualung... Looking good man!
- SheriffDiver's 1975 gear and SurfLung's 1961 gear... Neat Contrast.
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2016 9:32:25 GMT -8 by surflung