Post by james1979 on Sept 12, 2023 11:08:30 GMT -8
I did end up getting a resin printer, and am now working on the learning curve with it before I tackle resuming work on the DSV design. In the meantime, I have started with it by printing a C3 style cover, R series style cover, and an R series exhaust ring (attempted with DBE built in, but the learning curve borked that!). Parts are going to Dr. Frankenreg soon for evaluation.
I'll let him post pics when they get there, if the meet the goals!
I'm concerned about brittleness. A whack on the horn would prolly do it in.
Neat thing with resin printing is the ability to mix resins to mix their properties... I'll try a C3 type cover blending in some flex resin, and presuming I get a good print I'll send it to you for side by side checks. It should end up with a little less rigidity, but much less brittleness. Life is extra crazy right now, but hopefully I can do that this week.