OK, I am presently working on a Titan/Trieste conversion. I'm having a poppet and 2nd stage housing machined. These are the primary parts(apart from cases, and I'm working on those, too) for converting a Titan II 1st stage into a Trieste style double hose. Is anyone else interested in purchasing a housing and poppet? If there is some demand, I may have a batch made, instead of just a few units.
Well, the two parts missing are the 2nd stage assembly and the cases. I'm having some assemblies made. I won't have a concrete price until they make the first one. I'd say that the assembly would be $100 or less for sale, if I have them made in a batch. The hypothetical assembly would have a housing, a spring, a poppet and a lever. The cases are a different story. If I get the Jet Air I am looking at right now(in Australia), I will be making some cast aluminum cases for the project based on that. I won't make an estimate on that part, but it largely depends on what sort of finish I put on it.
Post by Turtleguy9 on Oct 13, 2006 21:19:12 GMT -8
Aloha Creed I already have two Triestes, and I dive them more than any of my other double hose regs. I also have a couple of the Titan regs sitting around. Yes I am interested in your project. I hope it works well. Turtleguy9
Well, the 2nd stage housing and poppets are at the machine shop. They didn't give a specific deadline, so I assume that they will shoehorn in the two prototypes between other jobs. I hope to have the samples(along with estimates for larger runs) soon.
OK, the Jet Air is in. I'll be starting my molding experiments. I've also gotten word back from the machine shop on the 2nd stage assembly. Apparently, I misunderstood. I though that they were going to make the prototypes by hand. They are, instead, writing CNC code to make them. The upside is that they will be ready to whip up a batch of any size I would want fairly quickly. The downside is that it is taking longer than I expected to get the prototypes.
The assembly has a shoulder where the original did not. I wanted to experiment with a smaller lever and a smaller case. But the original lever will work, too. This batch was painful, since I got hit with all of the CNC programming charges up front. Still working out the bill, but it ain't pretty Anyway, I'm still working on poppets, levers and springs, so I'll keep you guys updated.